Chicken Taco Salad for Freezing
We love tacos and we love being able to heat and eat too when we are short on time. This Chicken Taco Salad recipe lets you make as much as many freezer meals you want. Just thaw and do a little bit of chopping and enjoy American Mexican food anytime. We make large batches of taco filling for freezing… everything but the onion, chips and lettuce are placed in jars and frozen.
We were able to get two servings in each wide mouth pint jar.
3 lbs. Chicken breast
1 Pica De Gallo Salsa Fresh
2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
10 oz. sour cream, light
1 dry package ranch salad dressing
1/4 jar Jalapeno
3 dry packages Taco seasoning
3.5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Boil Chicken and shred
- Prepare dressing from sour cream and ranch dressing package
- Add taco seasoning to chicken with about 2.5 cups of water. You need more water than on package directions because chicken is dryer than beef. Stir until well mixed.
- Add in salsa, peppers, and jalapenos. Stir until well mixed.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Divide mixture evenly into 7 wide mouth pint jars.
- Top with dressing and 1/2 cup cheese
Thaw, serve over a bed of lettuce with chips. Onion, additional sour cream, jalapenos etc. are optional.
Servings: 14 (we did 2 servings per pint jar)
serving size: 1/14 of a recipe (6.8 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat (36%) 110.22 % Daily Value
Total Fat 11.61 g 18%
Saturated Fat 6.31 g 32%
Cholesterol 109.67 mg 37%
Sodium 999.45 mg 42%
Potassium 291.76 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 6.36 g 2%
Fiber 0.57 g 2%
Sugar 0.69 g
Protein 37.85 g 76%