Parmesan Crusted Chicken
A flavorful and versatile chicken recipe, serve this as a main entrée with vegetables or over a salad. It’s also kid-friendly and much healthier than any frozen chicken nugget.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts – cut into 12 thin strips
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper.
3. In another shallow baking dish, whisk together egg whites.
4. Dip chicken breast strip in egg mixture and then drench in cornmeal mixture. Coat well and place on baking sheet. Repeat procedure for all chicken strips.
5. Spray chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake15-20 minutes or until done; turn chicken pieces over half way through cooking time. Servings: 6
Serving size: 1/6 of a recipe (5.2 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe’s ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (21%) 53.9
Total Fat 6.04 g 9%
Saturated Fat 2.16 g 11%
Cholesterol 101.28 mg 34%
Sodium 200.31 mg 8%
Potassium 357.89 mg 10%
Total Carbohydrates 8.41 g 3%
Fiber 0.79 g 3%
Sugar 0.24 g
Protein 40.01 g 80%